Grand Cruz company - the producer of Porto Cruz brand - originally called Assuncao, was founded in 1887 by entrepreneurs who had a stock of old port wine. After the revolution in 1974, about 4 million liters of aged port wine was stored in the company's cellars. It was during the time, when the current director of the company, by being already a part of the circles of the wine business elite, was able to convince the owners of French company La Martiniquaise to purchase part of Assuncao. For La Martiniquaise, this was an excellent opportunity to become both an importer and exporter of port wine, and for Assuncao, it was an opportunity to attract new investments. Thus, the French company acquired 95% of Assuncao's capital, and Rocha Pinto bought the remaining 5%, renaming the company Gran Cruz. Today, Gran Cruz is one of the main producers of port wine, which is imported to more than 30 countries around the world. The company's cellars currently hold an impressive stock of wine։ about 200 barrels, which store more than 35 thousand liters of the port. The age of the youngest wine is 3 years, and some wines are aged up to 10-30 years. The company has one of the oldest and most beautiful plots in the Douro Valley: Quinta de Ventozelo. Vineyards stretch over 400 hectares and allow to produce a wide range of ports, from simple to the most complex. Porto Cruz builds its work with the utmost respect for nature and its wealth. Fertilizers and formulations for the treatment of vines contain exclusively natural ingredients.