The history of the Courvoisier brand started at the beginning of the 19th century when Emmanuel Courvoisier and his partner Louis Gallois organized a trading company and managed the warehouses of beverage. According to legend, Napoleon visited them and bought several barrels of cognac for his army. In 1828, the sons of the founders Felix Courvoisier and Jules Gallois, decided to leave the trade and be engaged only in the production of high-quality cognac. The project had tremendous success, and they gained fame as producers of the most exquisite cognac. In 1909 the company was acquired by the English Simon’s family, who saw the great potential of the Courvoisier brand. Due to Simons, the famous logo with the silhouette of Napoleon appeared, and the cognac itself became well-known far beyond the borders of France. In 1964 the Canadian company Hiram Walker acquires the brand and significantly expands the market by increasing international sales. Today the brand Courvoisier belongs to Beam Inc, and its production is based in Jarnac city of the Charente department. For more than two centuries, the company's master blenders have skillfully combined ancient traditions and innovations to create an exclusive cognac, known and appreciated all over the world.